The Content and Video Specialist is responsible for helping to create and maintain a steady stream of quality storytelling, photo and video content from the Medical Teams programs to support our data collection content needs. funds. This role will accomplish this through effective story editing, adhering to our organizational photo and consent policies, digital asset management, video editing, and information liaison between our programs staff and marketing. This role will report to the Global Content and Video Producer.
International call for medical teams:
By daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break down barriers to health and restore wholeness to a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and edit incoming story interviews for content, grammar and consistency from national and global content collectors, ensuring story and information is complete for approval. Resend change requests to collectors as needed.
- Create and distribute story and content feedback reports to in-country content staff so they can glean insights into content usage and improvements for the future.
- Create and distribute content request packages for assigned countries.
- Participate in content reviews with country communications leads, seek insights and input for marketing content as well as plan content requests for the upcoming quarter.
- Adhere to deadlines in the project management system for submission of Country Communications Officer content package twice per quarter.
- Organize incoming content requests from internal marketing, development, and other content-dependent parties for your specific country region.
- Attend and collect impact stories and images at a US-based clinic.
- Manage and submit requests for additional photographic equipment from country staff, updating the photographic equipment log.
- Track citations for using content from stories and video transcripts.
- Collaborate with in-country communications staff to create on-the-ground video content for social, PR, and other timely video needs.
- Update Marketing SharePoint with relevant content as needed.
- Add subtitles to videos.
- Update incoming videos with proper branding.
- Using branded photo and video content, edit social media and short form advertising videos for our digital channels.
- Perform brand video checks and provide feedback to ensure brand loyalty while supporting in-country communications staff.
- Support live video production shoots as needed.
- Comply with medical team photo policies with review checks on internal presentations, communication channels (SharePoint, Teams, emails), and other inbound consent verification requests.
- Coordinate assigned content trips, perform trip planning logistics.
- Assist with video trip planning as needed/assigned.
- Write blog posts for the blog team.
- Act as an information liaison between Field Ops and the countries assigned to you for marketing, facilitating fact checks and content review requests.
- Help develop the production and editing of video trainings on consent, photography, video editing, video branding, and story collecting to enhance the training of content collectors.
- Create engaging posts for the global content community to engage content collectors.
- Create a content collection and policy manual in SharePoint, organizing technical reference documentation on photo and consent policies, content collection procedures, and video branding reference materials in an easy-to-digest format.
- Create and distribute SharePoint content updates to internal staff to improve internal storytelling and information sharing.
- Process incoming content from the digital asset management (DAM) system by adding appropriate metadata, correcting photos with the Adobe application, and verifying accuracy of social and other video submissions.
- Manage photo post files.
- Serve as a deployable communications officer in the national response, as required.
- Optional: Serve as head office-based photographer for in-house photography needs.
- Support the protection of program participants and employees by promoting an environment of awareness and adhering to the code of conduct provisions for the protection of medical teams from sexual exploitation and abuse, the protection of children and vulnerable adults and the harassment-free workplace policies.
- Bring in volunteers, if needed.
- Other assigned tasks.
EDUCATION, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- BA/S or equivalent in relevant field required Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- 3 years of experience in video editing
- 2 years of experience in digital asset management
- 3 years of writing experience for a variety of audiences
- International travel experience is strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Animation/motion design (optional is a plus)
- Video montage
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Lightroom, After Effects)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience in digital asset management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong intercultural skills are required
- Multiple spoken languages are a plus (English, Spanish, Amharic, Swahili and French are spoken in our operating areas)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Commitment to the International Appeal Statement and Core Values of Medical Teams.
- Ability to communicate clearly and passionately, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of constituents from a diversity of cultures and backgrounds.
- A positive attitude and a solution-oriented approach to work are essential.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Frequent use of personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as computer copier and printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers and arms to reach, manipulate, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computers.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information between colleagues and people involved, which requires the ability to speak, hear, transmit and express oneself.
- Frequent near vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Climbing/descending stairs, steps or a ladder occasionally
- Traveling occasionally inside an office to access filing cabinets, office machinery, meet colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Rarely or occasionally takes positions to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in a travel situation, occasional to frequent crossing over rough or steep terrain by motor vehicle or on foot.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters in performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The noise level in the working environment is generally moderately quiet.
How to register
Click HERE to apply on our website!
If the link above does not load, please view all of our current job postings at medicalteams.org/career/