A 44-year-old man has been arrested with 125 indecent images of children after police searched his Stoke-on-Trent home.
Acting on information, officers came to the address and seized Paul Bayley’s iPhone for analysis.
They found photos that covered a period of 25 months, including three in category B – the second most serious classification – and 122 in category C.
More titles in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire
Barry White, suing Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court, said the accused also had an app that allowed him to access the footage without using the internet.
It is believed that the young people in the photographs he uploaded were between the ages of 16 and 18.
Bayley, of Maple Close, Norton Green, was arrested following the April 8 search last year. He gave an interview “without comment”.
But he then pleaded guilty to two counts of producing indecent images of children.
Stuart Muldoon, mitigating, said: âThe reason he got involved in this type of offense is, in itself, unusual. This shows that there are issues with his thinking skills that need to be addressed.
âIt’s a serious offense. I’m not trying to say no. But this is not the most serious case of its kind.
The court heard that Bayley had no previous convictions.
Sentencing him, Judge David Fletcher said: âThe people who engage in this kind of behavior – taking the pictures – could be anywhere in the world. They only do this for the benefit of people who wish to watch them.
âYou, of course, are one of those people. The pictures are of real people and that is why infringements are taken very seriously. “
The judge imposed a 24-month community order on Bayley.
It includes the requirement to complete an accredited program, 55 days of rehabilitation activity and mental health treatment.
Bayley will also be subject to a Sexual Harms Prevention Order for five years and will have to register as a sex offender for the same length of time.
He also has to pay Â£ 350 for court costs.