Register now for a free 3-day online conference for social workers, law enforcement, educators and prosecutors.
This event is co-sponsored by the Cumberland County Children’s Advocacy Center, the Maine Department of Education’s Maine School Safety Center, Trauma Informed Prosecutor Project (TiPP) and Portland Pump Company.
The trainings are designed to provide interdisciplinary education, advocacy for systemic legal change, counseling for survivor support and leadership on emerging technologies, education and training on how to recognize and address cross forms of child abuse in relation to child sexual abuse. all.
FEBRUARY 2-4, 2022 – 8:30 AM TO 4 PM
Day 1 :
- Essential Elements of Trauma-Informed Care
- The essence of negative childhood experiences
- Empowering Survivors to Understand the Impact of Childhood Trauma…Getting Through, Not Ending
- Vicarious trauma and self-care strategies
- Understanding the impact of trauma on boys
- Strategies, tips and activities for the classroom: making connections and developing empathy
- Building Blocks of Personal Safety: Consent and Empathy for Parents
- Building Blocks of Personal Safety: Consent and Empathy for Professionals
- Trauma-Informed Approaches for Victims of Technology
- Abuse No Perfect Victim: Combating Issues and Overcoming Jury Bias in Cases with Difficult Children
- Smoke and Fire: Trauma, ACE, Impact on Child Abuse Investigations and Prosecutions
- Create trauma-informed spaces for victims and families across the justice system
Help promote this event – Download the leaflet.