About the SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to providing quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) providing transformational and comprehensive MHPSS services, including case management, mental health and legal services, and psychosocial support activities; 2) building the capacity of service providers through education, training and capacity building programs; 3) promoting political and social change to strengthen the rights and protection of vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking in persons (TIPs), including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, aftercare services, and the work of prevention to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process and institutional changes.
Role of the SD Senior Manager:
The Senior Service Delivery Manager will lead SEED’s service delivery across all programs and sites, and manage the SEED Service Delivery Department (SD Department). The Senior SD Manager will ensure that service delivery staff provide high quality MHPSS, GBV, protection and child protection services, including case management services, mental health services, psychosocial support (PSS) interventions, shelter protection, legal and protection services and cash. assistance. The SD Department consists of SD personnel, including Protective Service Delivery Managers (PSDMs), Service Delivery Coordinators (SDCs), service providers, as well as MHPSS, protection, child protection, GBV and legal, and as such will draw on national resources, regional and international expertise in improving the implementation of the DD of SEED. The Senior SD Manager will lead the development of policies and guidance for service delivery, lead the department in the implementation of these policies, support the design, development and implementation of programs, as well as the training of service delivery staff, capacity building, technical supervision and support.
The SD Senior Director will provide accountability for all SEED services and ensure managers and advisors provide oversight of service providers in accordance with SEED policies and standards. The SD Senior Manager and staff will coordinate and plan, with all program managers, program objectives, targets and criteria and prioritize MEAL for all services. The SD Senior Director will provide guidance, direction and oversight to the PSDMs, ensure that all service delivery locations and services are operated in accordance with the center’s programs and objectives, international best practices and standards, as well as to SEED policies and guidelines. The senior SD manager is responsible for ensuring that all staff have the capacity to fulfill their responsibilities.
The Senior SD Manager will report directly to the President.
Department management (50%)
- Supervise all PSDMs and Technical Advisors, and ensure that roles, responsibilities and reporting lines are clear to each staff member at all times.
- Provide management and supervision of direct reports, in accordance with HR guidelines and protocols, staff have accurate JDs, work plans in place and conduct probation reviews, semi-annual and annual reviews in a timely manner
- Assess the capacities of the PSDM and SDC, ensure they are supported with ongoing supervision, feedback, training and capacity building.
- Build systems and structures to manage the activities of departments, in all locations, in all programs, ensure sufficient coordination between PSDMs, Technical Advisors, Program Managers and other departments.
- Recruitment, interviewing and onboarding of service delivery department staff.
Lead SEED services Ensure high quality services that meet program objectives (35%)
- Ensure that SEED services are provided in accordance with program objectives, criteria and beneficiaries and meet the highest standards.
- Ensure the management of service delivery sites in accordance with program goals and center objectives, as well as centers managed in accordance with GBV and safeguarding standards, including regular site visits.
- Ensure that all PSDs and SD staff have a clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities, program objectives, services provided, service delivery policies and processes, including MEAL requirements.
- Provide strategic direction and technical advice on the development of the service delivery program.
- Provide MSPs with ongoing guidance, support and assistance in addressing challenges, including in relation to high protection cases.
- Support the conduct of MHPSS and protection needs assessments among affected populations, in line with guidance and best practice, and ensure that all services are aligned with community needs.
- Ensure that referral pathways are developed and updated (both internal to the organization and with external service providers) for all service delivery locations to strengthen linkages to available services for MHPSS and protection more generally, including regular updating of service directories/maps.
- Lead monthly service delivery meetings, ensuring gaps and challenges are identified and solutions are discussed and lead to successful implementation.
Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (10%)
- Coordinate closely with the MEAL Unit to ensure that all MHPSS and protection service delivery activities are properly monitored, documented, evaluated and reported, and contribute to reporting.
- Support the M&E program, including the development of tools, to ensure that M&E systems provide adequate feedback on MHPSS and protection interventions.
- Ensure that all MEAL findings on service delivery are taken into account and that services and processes are adapted to fill any gaps.
- Ensure that every effort is made to be fully accountable to our customers and that all safeguard mechanisms are in place and followed.
Organizational coordination and representation (5%)
- Lead representation in external coordination meetings, including working groups, and ensure reports, gaps and opportunities are managed.
- Identify and manage strategic partnerships with local and international organizations and key government interlocutors, including any subrecipients providing services.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs and other program partners.
- Master’s degree in psychology, clinical social work, mental health or other related fields.
- 8-10 years of relevant international experience, including at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience in MHPSS programming and protection in international contexts; Iraq experience preferred.
- Experience in technical supervision of psychologists in similar contexts.
- Experience providing MHPSS and protective services to clients with complex needs, including shelter/shelter residents and anti-TIP programs.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Experience leading and designing staff wellness programs.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasive skills.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- High level of spoken and written English; Arabic and/or Kurdish desirable.
- Good computer skills, experience with Google Drive
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Salary, benefits and allowances based on skills and qualifications.
How to register
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their application via this link:
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete files will be reviewed. NO CALL PLEASE. Only selected candidates will be contacted.